Actuarial Analyst – Internal Audit – SA1130
Our client is looking for an Actuarial Analyst to assist in risk-based actuarial audit activities/investigations designed to identify risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes. This opportunity will provide the opportunity to learn about not only the actuarial functions, including actuarial techniques and procedures, but other business areas as well. Candidates who are interested should have at least 2 years’ experience within the Insurance Market with either a consultancy or industry background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under general direction, assist in risk-based actuarial audit activities/ investigations designed to identify risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes;
- Assist in fieldwork activities, including inquiry of clients, inspection of calculations and documents, and observations and re-performance of complex control procedures;
- Prepare effective documentation (e.g. process flows, walk-throughs, working papers) for complex processes;
- Communicates audit/ investigation results clearly to relevant stakeholders.
- May also be required to assist the rest of the Internal Audit team by using hands-on analysis of company data and providing insights from this.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).