Actuarial Manager: Financial Reporting – SA1195
Our client is looking for an Actuarial Manager to oversee the financial reporting and related business support on their Retail Mass Protection and Investment products. A key focus will be to lead a team of professionals responsible for valuation, reporting and the extraction of business insights to inform management decision making. The role requires sound technical knowledge and a large element of management and coaching. Stakeholder engagements will focus on the key financial drivers across the product ranges, financial metrics and insights extracted for business consideration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial & Risk Reporting: Effectively manage the team to ensure that valuation, capital and other risk reporting are produced with appropriate supporting analysis and commentary.
- IFRS 17 implementation: Manage the segment’s involvement in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into BAU.
- Business Partnering: Extract insights for business consideration and collaborate effectively with both business and specialized areas across all levels.
- Support product development and product reviews.
- Business Planning / Forecasting: Produce information for forecasting and ongoing monitoring of the financial impacts of the business strategy.
- Reporting Capability: Ensure processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Drive synergies and standardization and ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives as and when these arise.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).