Actuarial Manager: Life Consulting – SA1164
Our client is looking for an Actuarial Manager to join their Life Consulting team. The team’s focus is on delivering long-lasting tailored projects to their clients within the Life Assurance sector. The objective of this role is to support the delivery of work designed to improve the actuarial performance for their clients, through process improvements, system enhancements and the implementation of an adequate control framework. Candidates who are interested should be comfortable leading concurrent actuarial projects and should have in depth knowledge of regulatory regimes such as SAM/Solvency II and IFRS 17. Experience and understanding of Actuarial Modelling and Model Development processes, systems and governance will be ideal.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading both client and internal Group projects to a high standard.
- Gathering business requirements and presenting findings and recommended solutions to the client alongside their Client Service Director.
- Managing the day to day project activities and allocate project resources appropriately.
- Providing quality control of project deliverables completed by the consultants.
- Escalating project risks and issues to the Client Service Director.
- Supporting the Account Directors in leading new business development activities, including actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening new and existing client relationships.
- Developing innovative solutions for clients and the Group.
- Developing the Group’s profile through client and industry activities.
- Contributing to thought leadership and strategic initiatives.
- Maintaining a positive learning culture and taking responsibility for developing the team by coaching other members of the team.
- Keeping abreast with industry regulation and changes impacting their clients.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).