Actuarial Manager: Life Valuations – SA1422
Our client is a financial services group that offers practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. They are looking for an Actuarial Manager to lead their Individual Life Products Valuations team. The role is responsible for leading a team of qualified actuaries and actuarial analysts in the production, analysis and reporting of financial and regulatory results.
Candidates who are interested should be a Qualified Actuary with at least 5 years’ relevant experience, as well as management experience. Previous actuarial valuations experience is essential. You should have excellent communication and people management skills, pay attention to detail while able to work under pressure and striving for excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the production of actuarial results to ensure timely, accurate and objective measurement of financial performance.
- Playing a leading role in delivering statutory financial information in line with Group practices, policies and timelines.
- Liaising with auditors and preparing internal and external reporting material.
- Driving strategy implementation and performing certain tasks personally to produce required output (model enhancements, implementing process enhancements, analysing and explaining results).
- Continuously monitoring turnaround times and quality standards of the production teams and resolving issues speedily to enhance stakeholder delivery.
- Engaging other specialist/expert areas in the Group to manage service delivery in line with business expectations and requirements.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing and managing performance in the Actuarial team to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).