Actuarial Manager- SA1022
Our client is searching for an energetic and innovative nearly/newly qualified actuary with 5 – 10 years of working experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry to lead their actuarial team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing quarterly statutory reserve estimates, as per local reporting requirements
- Producing US GAAP reserve estimates, as per corporate reporting requirements
- Working closely with the business and underwriting teams to help drive profitability and growth
- Implementing the usage of relevant software tools, understanding the tools, their requirement and re-designing actuarial processes accordingly if required
- Collaborating with Finance Managers and assisting on the production of legal entity and production office loss ratios for business planning purposes, capital modelling, etc.
- Streamlining data production and reconciliations
- Assisting in Asset Liability Management processes by calculating expected cash flows
- Working closely with the Claims, Reinsurance and Underwriting teams to understand how reserving practices, treaty set up and business changes impact their business
- Providing insightful analytics to key stakeholders across the business
- Coordinating and ensuring consistency in approach and execution of reserve reviews including data production, modelling and presentation of results across geographies
- Supporting in any project or ad-hoc requirements as needed
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978)