Actuarial Product Analyst – SA1088
Our client is searching for a Senior Actuarial Student who will be part of the team responsible for the core technical actuarial analysis and modelling to support their overall vision and strategy. The role is to support the delivery of innovative, value-for-money microinsurance products through the provision of deep insights and input into their product development process. This includes, but is not limited to research, analysis, design, pricing, implementation, and maintenance of products to ensure both competitiveness and profitability.
Canidates interested in this role should have product development and pricing and a passion for developing markets, innovative solutions, technology and working with data.
Core responsibilities include:
- Product Design: You will be required to collaborate with other team members to review and monitor existing products and support the development and implementation of new product and benefit ideas. You will be required to provide technical input into the financial soundness, channel profitability, risk, client value and commercial viability for new product development proposals.
- Product Documentation: Produce and/or provide input into product specifications, technical specifications, policy documents, marketing, and training material.
- Pricing: Set premiums for new products and review pricing of existing products.
- Profit Testing: Produce and analyze financial, channel and client value metrics to support premiums set.
- Model Development: Maintain and enhance internal models for pricing, experience analyses, financial forecasts and budgeting as well as develop new models and tools where required.
- Analytics: You will be required to utilize your actuarial, statistical and data skills to build models required to drive key decisions in the business. This includes performing experience analysis to inform actuarial assumptions for pricing and reserving and enable data-driven decision-making.
- Stakeholder Management: Engage with Data Consumption, Finance, Sales and IT as well as other areas of the business to obtain data, ensure that new products and product related changes are implemented successfully and the impact thereof is communicated appropriately to every business area impacted.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).