Actuarial Team Leader: Valuations – SA1404
Our client is a South African based financial services group. They are looking for a Qualified Actuary to join their Valuations team as Team Leader. This role will be responsible for leading a team of actuarial analysts who are tasked with performing the valuation of a portfolio of products for IFRS, Embedded Value and regulatory reporting purposes.
Candidates who are interested should have at least 3 years’ Corporate Actuarial valuations experience. Intermediate SQL knowledge will be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing quarterly liability, earnings and Embedded Value valuations, including analysis of change, cash flow projections, forecasts and sensitivities for both IFRS and SAM reporting.
- Mentoring and developing team members to achieve team objectives.
- Identifying and implementing process-related improvements.
- Driving the implementation of strategic projects that span across valuation teams.
- Ensuring compliance with Group practices and timelines.
- Assisting the Head of Actuarial Function through regular reporting and review of results.
- Collaborating with business to resolve any matters arising from the quarterly valuations, for example, the need to re-price products.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).