Business Development Manager – SA1099
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to proactively approach current and new potential clients relating to business in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, in order to design, develop and deliver bespoke and innovative reinsurance life solutions that effectively builds insurers’ risk capacity, whilst delivering and contributing toward the long-term strategy and unique service proposition. Candidates should have extensive life assurance experience, preferably including managerial experience.
Responsibilities will include:
Client Relationship Management
- Understand the clients’ unique requirements and actively develop a reinsurance solution by engaging with the rest of the business to ensure the most effective solution is delivered.
- Manage clients proactively by taking responsibility for solution delivery, as well as engaging in the market by completing tenders/quotes and conducting research, to guarantee a world class product.
- Act in the capacity of trusted advisor to service legacy client relationships, provide legacy solutions and actively engage with new clients to ensure the timely delivery of new business and fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Solution Development
- Research global norms and the latest competitor offerings to understand the client and competitor strategy, in order to develop innovative and current solutions.
Strategy, Policy and Implementation
- Contribute to the development and driving of Life and Client strategic initiatives, which include the marketing, innovation and digitisation of reinsurance.
- Market brand by building collaborative and sustainable client relationships.
- Balance the need between business growth and protecting the profitability of the Life book by maintaining a steady flow of new business that does not breach the capacity or risk appetite of the team.
- Technical Actuarial Work
- Review and commission actuarial work from other departments for use in client solutions and solicitation.
- Analyse portfolio performance to ensure that the portfolio is performing at the required standard and is yielding profitability.
- Provide actuarial and technical support to clients and colleagues to ensure performance, across the relevant divisions, is occurring as intended
- Leadership & performance management
- Manage a team of marketing actuaries and senior actuarial specialists for optimal performance and delivery; recruits and retains high caliber staff; managing conflict; communicating strategy and vision; coordinating marketing activities across different Life teams.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).