Business Development, Product and Pricing – SA1071
Our client is searching for a senior actuarial student or a Nearly / Newly Qualified Actuary to join their Business Development role, within the Product and Pricing Team. This role involves multiple work areas, internally and externally for their local and international clients. Responsibilities include the preparation of quotations for new business and reviews of existing business, as well as the analysis and assessment of life and health reinsurance portfolios.
Applicants interested in this role should show good evidence of progress towards qualification as an actuary, and have excellent IT skills (MS Office, SQL Server, the ability to work with large datasets). Prior work experience in pricing, product development or reinsurance will be an advantage.
This role will be responsible for:
- Preparing quotations for new business and reviews of existing business for both Group and Individual Life business
- Support the analysis and assessment of life and health reinsurance portfolios for the purposes of risk management, experience study, planning and quotation.
- Developing new products and assisting clients with revisions to existing products
- Monitoring and provision of management information statistics
- Undertaking focused research, which will generate competitive advantage through superior understanding of risk
- Creating an image of the company as a thought leader through client meetings, articles, and presentations
- Maintaining the Company’s pricing guidelines, pricing tools and treaty wording standards
- Drafting contracts
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).