Client Manager – SA1067
Our client is searching for a new Client Manager to originate and be accountable for all aspects of quoting on profitable, growth-oriented business and actively manage a portfolio of clients. Applicants interested in this role should have at least 5 years’ short term insurance industry experience, be a Qualified Actuary and have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the short-term insurance environment.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Identify markets and acquire clients and brokers who are targets for traditional as well as innovative risk transfer mechanisms to create value.
- Developing our business by binding new transactions with new and existing clients.
- Assess and interpret the results of analyses (supported by Business/Financial Analyst) due to extensive knowledge of the market/clients, and derive, evaluate, scrutinize and ultimately either pursue or abandon hypotheses on potential new business.
- Knows and understands the financial effects of various solutions on account and the client’s financial situation; knows where expert know-how regarding these topics is obtainable within.
- Inspire and lead others to deliver value by motivating them to create client needs based reinsurance solutions.
- Develop, define and implement the strategies, objectives and business plans to fulfil agreed financial targets within the general operating guidelines for your clients.
- Develop and realize market / client-specific approaches in cross-departmental teams; strengthen businesses value proposition through differentiation, innovation, services rendered together with various units (i.e. Global Consulting, Cyber, Innovation).
- Actively drive profitable business growth with market teams, conduct negotiations with clients, ensure opinion leadership (e.g. seminars, workshops, presentations, publications, interviews), originate tailor-made solutions and engage in co-creation with clients.
- Establish best practices for CRM-driven interactions between outside clients, sales/underwriting teams, innovation and consulting.
- Partner closely with Executive Leadership, Sales/Underwriting, Innovation, Consulting, Communications and other key stakeholders to ensure 360-degree alignment.
- Offer actuarial / big data / motor consultancy advice and expertise to improve business performance in terms of profitability, operations, data analytics, capital management and digital strategy in close cooperation with internal stakeholders.
- Build networks within the Group to keep abreast with developing topics to better support clients in our market
- Support Opinion Leadership initiatives in our market by building strong market presence
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).