Commercial Lines Pricing Actuary – SA1140
Our client is looking for a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary to join their Commercial Lines Pricing team, a highly technical team offering exposure to a wide range of product lines and the opportunity to work with, and influence individuals and teams across their business. This role will be supporting the Head of Pricing with pricing, monitoring and analytical functions, for the Business’ Commercial and Specialist offerings, to enable target profitability levels to be achieved. This includes modelling, implementing, testing and monitoring of rates and discounts, as well as portfolio management and system development where appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
Pricing and Portfolio Monitoring:
- Assist the Head of Pricing in setting and driving the pricing strategy.
- Drive the building of, and adoption of, tools required to support the pricing strategy.
- Support business growth through analysis and tool development for the different product lines, including occasional advice on system and data development
Relationship and Stakeholder Management:
- Establish, manage and maintain relationships with all business stakeholders (Branches, Distribution team, COEs, Technical underwriting, etc.) with regard to ongoing Pricing Support, influencing the product or portfolio changes as well as product development.
- Project manage IT-related pricing initiatives.
- Drive system implementation and testing.
Risk Management and Governance
- Support the Head of Pricing to ensure that a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk and implement a green control environment.
- Manage pricing processes to ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external audit standards.
- Manage risk identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting in relation to pricing processes.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).