Director/Partner: Life Assurance Consulting – HK1139
Our client is looking for a Senior Qualified Actuary to take on a senior leadership role within their Hong Kong Life Assurance Consulting division. Work will involve all aspects of life assurance, including pricing, reserving, risk and capital management, M&A, modelling and other types of consulting projects. Candidates who are interested should have proven experience in generating revenue and leading the delivery of large and complex projects, ideally in a consulting environment.
Responsibilities for this role would include:
- Lead large scale client engagements, drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget, and consistently deliver quality client services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex actuarial concepts, discuss complex issues with the engagement team and client management, keep informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g., Actuarial Standards of Practice), and effectively apply this knowledge to client situations.
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Generate new business opportunities, by developing and maintaining long-term client relationships and networks, and developing relationships with team members across all practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate deep actuarial technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Maintain a reputation as an industry expert by writing articles, taking a leadership role within industry groups and speaking at industry events.
- Engage in key roles of actuarial advisory projects related to risk management, valuation and reporting, modeling, and others;
- Perform and manage EV, Solvency II, IFRS and local statutory actuarial audit procedures for Asia Operations of multinational insurance companies; and actively participate in business development activities including the preparation of proposals and presentations.
Our client is offering competitive packages and will handle the Visa process for international applicants.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).