Head: Innovation – SA1053
Our client is searching for a qualified actuary to define the mission and develop and implement a framework for the Innovation business unit’s strategic and business plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Demonstrate leadership and management of product development through the following actions:
- Provide the structure for appropriate research, ensuring solid bases for improvement of current product offerings as well as new product development.
- Create an environment for creative thinking, benchmarking, scouting, networking and a culture of excellence.
- Follow customer responses to new ideas, track and analyse the success of new products/services.
- Find, develop and create new, original “out-of-the-box” products and benefit offerings.
- Test newly developed products and benefits for viability, sustainability and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop a pipeline of new products/services and development projects by proactively directing and encouraging sustainable partnerships with service providers.
- Obtain continuous involvement of internal stakeholders to ensure cross-functional alignment during product development.
- Lead the introduction of the approved new products, monitor their success and ensure adaptation.
- Demonstrate leadership and management at the Innovation unit through the following actions:
- Ensure that clear clinical protocols are drafted for all defined benefits and are written into the IT system.
- Identify and formulate innovative wellness and disease management programmes to reduce healthcare costs.
- Form alliances and contract designated service providers to ensure access to quality healthcare services.
- Coordinate efforts with Product Development, Business Intelligence and Business Risk to ensure product design is sustainable and marketable.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with third-party service providers to ensure delivery of services required to manage healthcare costs.
- Establish an appropriate structure to achieve objectives and manage the business unit’s actions, staff complement and resources.
- Compile and monitor a risk register.
- Ensure constant operational efficiency through innovation within areas under control.
- Ensure adherence to all legislative and regulatory prescripts.
- Continuously evaluate plans, actions and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Manage the budget in order to utilise resources effectively and achieve objectives.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978)