Head of Corporate Actuarial – SA1105
Our client is looking for an experience, Qualified Actuary to serve as the Head of their Corporate Actuarial function. This role will be responsible to prepare, perform, and analyse actuarial research and audits by collecting data from various databases and performing actuarial/financial calculations and by designing profitable products that meet actuarial requirements to ensure profitable growth for the Business; and to ensure that the Business is sufficiently capitalised.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete Insurance statutory financial returns as per legislative standard.
- Prepare Manco and Board meeting reports.
- Support and submit documents to the Actuarial and Underwriting Review Committee.
- Provide financial information as required by Business.
- Provide Actuarial information for interim (June) and year-end (December) financial statements.
- Perform experience investigations.
- Ensure the business holds sufficient reserves and capital in line with the financial requirements.
- Conduct modelling to ensure products are profitable and appropriate reserve and capital are held.
- Perform Economic Capital and MCEV calculations in line with statutory and group requirements.
- Complete and submit for Conduct of Business Returns (CBR).
- Manage the relationships with the statutory actuary bodies and reinsurers.
- Manage performance of direct reports and hold them accountable for managing the performance of their reports.
- Maintain a high performing team by identifying a talent pool through career conversations and using the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes.
- Ensure continuous improvement goals are achieved by creating an environment whereby self, managers and team are encouraged to challenge the status quo by initiating constructive debates about work practices.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).