Head of Risk Management – SA1228
Our client is a leader in the insurance industry and always looking for innovative ways to create digitally advanced solutions. They are looking for a Qualified Actuary to head their South African Risk Management team. The role is responsible to assist the Group Chief Risk Officer, senior management and the Board in their respective responsibilities to ensure that an efficient risk management system, comprising all the policies, procedures, processes and systems required to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report on all material risks, is maintained. It includes the management of compliance risks.
Candidates who are interested should be a Qualified Actuary with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at management level in Risk Management in the Insurance Industry. Candidates who have qualified as a Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) will be preferred. You should have a calm and professional manner about you, with the ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidence at all times.. You must be resilient, a strong team player and committed to continuous improvement with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing input into the development and maintenance of risk management policies, frameworks, procedures and systems
- Managing the Risk Management function’s resources, managing productivity and performance, developing and recognising the employees in the team, assessing and reporting on the appropriateness and adequacy of the resources.
- Pro-actively scrutinising the internal and external environments for any internal or external risk, event or circumstance that may have an adverse material effect on the risk management system or profile of the Insurer or the Group.
- Facilitating risk management processes by applying qualitative and quantitative insights to risks in the Group.
- Providing input into quantification of risks, risks for stress testing, risk management tools, techniques, capital assessment and allocation.
- Identifying potential areas of vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Participating in the Group’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) forum where strategy, best practice and innovative recommendations around continuous improvement for GRC Functions are discussed with a view to support and add value to the business.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).