Head: Product and Pricing – SA1128
Our client is looking for a Qualified Actuary to Head up their Product and Pricing team. This role will be responsible to ensure the profitability, sustainability and growth of their Health solutions, through the appropriate benefit design and pricing of products, guidance on provider tariff negotiations and experience monitoring. Candidates who are interested should have extensive actuarial healthcare experience, including managerial experience.
Responsibilities will include:
To take ownership of the full product development and pricing function for their product suite:
- Annual product and benefit reviews including risk mitigation strategies, needs analysis and competitor analysis
- Recommend quarterly premiums on a bi-annual basis to product committee
Analysis and reporting:
- Ongoing experience monitoring to assess the performance of the product suite across the continent, making appropriate risk management recommendations
- To provide actuarial and statistical analysis to support member care initiatives including tariff negotiations, alternative reimbursement models, provider and member profiling etc.
- Support reserving, reporting and forecasting for internal committees
Data and Actuarial Models:
- Drive the development and maintenance of appropriate data and actuarial models to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of delivery
- Ensure upkeep of documentation of actuarial models and policies
To provide supportive leadership to internal staff and oversight of external consultants ensuring effective management of people and actively motivating staff to achieve results.
Key broker and client management:
- Oversee and sign off on renewal terms for clients on standard policies
- Oversee and guide the creation and implementation of bespoke solutions for clients where appropriate
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).