Healthcare and Analytics Actuarial Analyst – SA1076
Our client is searching for a Junior Student to form part of their actuarial team responsible for using their actuarial skillset to understand the key risks that the business faces and for developing solutions to address the key business challenges. Candidates should have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information simply and effectively.
- Develop actuarial and/or statistical models to aid in key business decision-making
- Pricing of new benefits or benefit changes
- Short-and long-term financial projections
- Identify/develop appropriate models / algorithms to extract and mine datasets to develop rich insights into member behavior that may be used to inform business imperatives.
- Identify key trends and interact with the business to understand the impact of these trends and identify possible courses of action to mitigate / take advantage of the trends identified.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc experience reports and presentations as required
- Mentor, support, and train junior analysts
- Perform data extraction and advanced data analysis essential to the requirements outlined below, as well as communicating the results to a variety of audiences
- Contributing to material required for Product Launch presentations
- Assisting with ad-hoc investigations and analyses including quantifying the financial impact of strategic projects
- Compilation of reports and presentations as required for the Exco and Board
- Research and analysis to provide insight and solutions to non-standard problems
- Work with executives across the business to support and execute strategic projects as required
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).