IFRS17 Project Actuary – SA1108
Our client is looking for a Qualified Actuary to support the IFRS17 project in developing appropriate internal and external disclosures affected by IFRS17. This will include close and continuous co-operation with the implementation team on policy and methodology aspects that have been developed to date. The successful candidate will interact closely with the actuarial and financial reporting teams (including investor relations, management information and financial planning and analysis).
Responsibilities and work outputs will include:
- Engage stakeholders on IFRS17 financial impacts;
- Develop external disclosures to be used post IFRS17 implementation (in collaboration with investor relations and financial planning and analysis teams);
- Collaborate with actuarial and IFRS reporting teams to perform assessments as accurately as possible with minimal disruption to work in progress;
- Perform scenario testing by projecting key metrics resulting from policy choices and design decisions in a post-IFRS17 world;
- Support the IFRS17 lead in the drafting of discussion documents on design decisions (during the last phase of the project);
- Drive the IFRS17 project in the audit and review of policy and methodology;
- Provide ad hoc support to the Investor Relations function when dealing with analyst queries relating to IFRS17 or value measure related queries.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).