IFRS17 Research & Development Actuarial Analyst – SA1077
Our client is searching for a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary with an understanding of the IFRS17 Standard, knowledge of the Life Insurance market and Prophet modelling experience to join their IFRS17 Research & Development team. The primary focus of the role involves forming part of the team which is in the process of developing and implementing IFRS17 modelling for their Life division. The successful applicant will be involved in all stages of the model development process, from a critical analysis and understanding of the Standard, to the modelling and communication of results to stakeholders. Advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook as well as experience in using Prophet is required.
Key outputs include but are not limited to:
- Attaining a detailed technical understanding of the IFRS17 Standards to aid in internal decision making and communication with auditors.
- Modelling the impact of the IFRS17 Standards for Individual Life, Group Life and Investment business with a particular focus on the impact of the Standard on transition in the short-term.
- Measuring the expected financial impact of a number of key decisions and communicating results with senior management to aid in the decision-making process.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the Accounting and Systems teams as the model and processes are implemented.
- Additional ad-hoc technical investigations and reports as required by senior management.
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).