Life and Funeral Product Owner – SA1070
Our client is searching for a Qualified Actuary to own the Life & Funeral Products end to end, from product design, development, monitoring, financial results and KPIs. This role will report directly to the Executive Head of Insurance Product and Operations. Applicants interested in this role should have extensive experience in Long Term Insurance product development and implementation. . Experience in Agile methodologies and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry is strongly preferred.
The Role’s purpose and responsibilities include:
- The Product Owner owns the Life & Funeral Products end to end, from product design, development, monitoring, financial results and KPIs
- The Product Owner represents the business stakeholders and is the voice of the customer guiding individual DevOps teams, responsible for ensuring that the delivery team delivers value to the business according to the outcome vision
- This role is responsible for the definition of customer-centric items or user stories from the capability/feature roadmap, ranking and prioritizing them, and adding them to the team backlog
- This role will work closely with the Release Train Engineer/Agile Programme Manager and Scrum Master in coordinating day to day activities such as sprint planning, retrospectives and other agile functions to ensure collaboration and effective delivery of user stories against commercial milestone objectives
- The Product owner will work to Agile principles, and will be responsible for the prioritization and delivery of the backlog of change initiatives to maximize business benefit of the products and features we offer. The role works closely with the team to develop user stories, acceptance criteria and full business benefits, and convey the vision onwards to our in-house Scrum teams, or, where required, to our Offshore development partners
- Working with the actuarial team on product development and pricing
- Supporting the sales team for distribution of the Life and Funeral products
- Commercial negotiations with partners
- Deep understanding and ownership of the Life and Funeral product profit and loss statement
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).