Life Assurance Valuations Actuarial Analyst – SA1089
Our client is searching for a Nearly / Newly Qualified Actuary to join their Actuarial Services team. This role will work closely with the Actuarial Services Manager in a specialist capacity to ensure delivery of IFRS and SAM valuations and related risk and capital management metrics. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development of actuarial models (DCS, Prophet, Qlikview and Excel) for new products developed and launched by the Actuarial Services team. Candidates interested should have at least 5 years of life insurance valuations experience, and have thorough experience with Prophet and DCS.
- Performing data checking processes to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Performing experience investigations for withdrawals, mortality, premium escalations and retrenchment rates.
- Performing model point and valuation data generation, updating assumptions in Prophet, setting off runs in Prophet and consolidating result output for the actuarial valuations.
- Provision of results of IFRS, and Value of new business (VNB) and SAM valuation reports that are used as input for the update of the various valuation reports and the experience investigation reports.
- Investigating and compiling responses to external auditor queries for review by the manager.
- Completion of actuarial quantitative regulatory returns for review by the manager.
- Maintenance and update of actuarial models (DCS, Prophet, Qlikview and Excel) for review by the manager.
- Development of actuarial models (DCS, Prophet, Qlikview and Excel) for new products developed and launched by the Actuarial Services team for review by the manager.
- Providing technical support to junior staff, peers and management.
- Conducting checks on the work of juniors and peers prior to management review.
- Solving business problems by applying actuarial techniques.
- Providing support with the development of new products
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).