Life Product Actuary – SA0995
Our client is searching for a qualified actuary in Cape Town to develop and manage competitive Risk products. Knowledge of actuarial modelling, product pricing and statistical analyses techniques will be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse product related data from various sources to assess completeness and accuracy, identifying potential product experience irregularities, to ensure accuracy of client and product insights and analysis.
- Analyse competitor products and pricing to provide insight for developing and maintaining competitive risk solutions.
- Review experience investigations, modelling and data analysis, to develop new risk solutions and monitor experience of existing risk solutions.
- Develop and maintain pricing models and basis.
- Provide technical actuarial support to the risk team and claims areas to support various initiatives.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct relevant research to inform pricing and design assumptions, projections and advice provided to the business, and to develop own expert opinion.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost-effectiveness and increase operational efficiency of risk solutions.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Contribute to continuous innovation in risk solution design and processes through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge are always available to propose the most relevant and innovative client solutions and comply with governance requirements.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978)