Manager: Actuarial Systems and Modelling – SA1094
Our client is looking for a Qualified Actuary to manage their Systems and Modelling team. The role is responsible for supporting project work as well as ongoing BAU development and enhancements of actuarial systems in support of liability and capital valuations, embedded value, and business planning. The main activity of this role is to lead the modelling build for the Individual Risk and Wealth portfolio’s and the IFRIS 17 Implementation stream. Interested candidates should have expertise in data and model management, as well as a deep knowledge and experience on working with R3S.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining system environment
- Maintaining modelling architecture
- Responsible for liaising with different stakeholders across the business
- Responsible for implementation of additional modelling requirements
- Managing junior staff
- Driving production of automated results
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate controls and governance are in place
- Responsible for managing onboarding of new data sources
- Engagement with Central IT on infrastructure needs
- Continuously develop as well as reinforce the Actuarial systems team’s risk control
- Take a leading role in setting the technical design and coding standards
- Periodic research and advise on new technology
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).