Pricing Actuary – SA1216
Our client is a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. As a member of the team, you will help to develop innovative, market-leading reinsurance solutions for the Middle East and Africa markets, working collaboratively with colleagues in the pricing and management teams, as well as local and global subject matter experts in the company. You will also work closely with clients to understand their needs and deliver optimal solutions for both them and the company.
Candidates who are interested should be a Qualified actuary with 2+ years post-qualified experience, in pricing, and/or familiarity with reinsurance structures and South Africa’s retail-protection market and should have excellent knowledge of relevant actuarial and statistical models. You should be a highly motivated team player who can also work alone, with analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining pricing bases and price reassurance terms for new and established products.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with clients regarding pricing and product development opportunities.
- Building and maintaining actuarial relationships with client pricing teams.
- Monitoring performance of the company’s reinsurance portfolio in conjunction with the reporting and experience studies teams.
- Performing budget variance analysis on financials and preparing variance commentary.
- Representing the team in the company’s wider pricing community and maintaining stakeholder relationships (alongside internal reporting).
- Depending on experience, own and drive thought leadership and provide guidance to others.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).