Pricing Actuary – UK1048
Our international client is looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuary to deliver the market pricing strategy to ensure they are at the forefront of the market resulting in the achievement of volume and value objectives. Short term insurance pricing experience, excellent verbal communication skills and statistical modelling experience will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Deliver the market pricing strategy/approach to significantly enhance the profitability of the portfolio.
- Work closely with the technical pricing and pricing implementation teams, establishing excellent relationships to enhance market pricing models using cutting edge statistical modelling techniques and pricing models, refreshing analyses at agreed intervals.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to embed insights from wider functions into pricing.
- Deliver enhancements to their pricing capability through the implementation of new rating factors and micro-segmentation.
- Develop commercial pricing strategies to improve sales and retention business performance whilst maintaining profitability levels and hitting the business plan metrics.
- Maintain a positive approach in challenging circumstances and contribute fully to business initiatives, projects, and all meetings.
- Enhance the customer value model and embeds in the business, working closely with the technical pricing team.
- Improve demand modelling, including the wider use of internal and external data, refreshing analyses at agreed intervals.
- Present insight to key stakeholders, articulating technical issues in an appropriate way, tailoring responses to different audiences which will include senior and executive management.
- Build relationships with all departments to share best practice and enhance analytical capability whilst building the profile of the pricing team.
- Deliver company values, maintain high standards, and act as an excellent role model for peers and other members of the team.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978)