Pricing and Modelling Actuarial Specialist – SA0994
Our client has an exciting new opportunity available for a senior actuarial student in Johannesburg with a specific focus on the personal and commercial lines business. You will be working closely with the senior management team across Product, Pricing, Underwriting and Claims Services. Strong modelling and data management skills will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop effective pricing and risk management strategies to balance profitability and growth
- Benefit tracking and performance monitoring of financial, underwriting and distribution indicators
- Create and maintain business reports to direct thought processes that drive action
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the internal data assets to support pricing and other modelling initiatives
- Continuous process improvement and strategy evaluation
- Participate in strategic projects where actuarial input is required
- Support current underwriting segmentations models
- Interacting with distribution (sales) and claims with the objective of constantly incorporating market trends into the product solution value chain
- Supporting the development of product solutions for various market segments and channels
- Ad-hoc analysis – statistical investigations as required from time to time by the business
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).