Product Actuary – SA1100
Our client is looking for a Nearly / Newly Qualified Actuary to join their Product team. This role will develop and manage competitive Investment and Saving solutions that address specific client needs in order to enhance value propositions across segments. This extends to all aspects of client experience across the various sales and service channels that clients engage with. The Investment and Saving Solutions team is responsible for, but not limited to, the following solutions: endowments, tax-free savings plans, retirement annuities, preservation plans and retirement income solutions (i.e. annuities).
- Perform experience investigations, modelling and data analysis using specialised software, to support the actuarial team to develop new investment and saving solutions and monitor experience on existing investment and saving solutions.
- Develop and maintain pricing models and basis. Prepare product health reports and present insights derived from analyses, to support decision-making and inform appropriate actions through various options and scenarios.
- Analyse product related data from various sources to assess completeness and accuracy, identifying potential errors and irregularities, to ensure accuracy of client and product insights and analysis.
- Conduct relevant research to inform pricing and design assumptions, projections and advice provided to the business, and to develop own expert opinion.
- Source and analyse competitor investment and saving products to provide insight into product design and pricing models.
- Contribute to continuous innovation in investment and saving solution design and processes through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Provide technical actuarial support to the Investment and Saving Solutions team and claims areas to support various initiatives.
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge are always current to propose the most relevant and innovative client solutions and comply with governance requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, such as IT, distribution, legal, service, claims, asset management and valuations.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients on investment and saving solutions.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 83 603 2961 ).