Reporting and Development Actuary – SA1080
Our client is searching for a Reporting and Development Actuary to serve as the central point for asset information used to inform solvency assessments, capital and balance sheet management, and to develop new investment strategies. This role will report directly to the Head of Regulatory Actuarial Reporting and will have to assist with the management and development of the junior team members.
Candidates interested in this role should have excellent Actuarial modelling and data analytics skills, and the creativity for the development of new tools and methods of sharing information.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Development of the BI platform used for asset investigations.
- Application of modern software to ensure detailed and flexible asset information is easily accessible to users across the business.
- Automating the collection and analysis of asset data received from various data sources.
- Quarterly calculations of the asset stress information required to assess solvency in accordance with the Financial Soundness Standard for Insurers.
- Upskilling and management of a junior member of the team.
- Other ad-hoc asset stress investigations used for capital management.
- Presentation of asset information to senior employees across the business.
- Developing and maintaining relationships to ensure the wide adoption of our asset data tools across the business.
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).