Senior Actuarial Assistant: Valuations & Model Development – SA1135
Our client is looking for a senior actuarial student to assist with preparing valuation results, providing management information, and to analyze the profitability of products and maintaining systems and processes to deliver quality results. Candidates who are interested should have Life Assurance valuations experience, including experience working with Prophet and DCS, and should be making good actuarial exam progress.
Responsibilities for this role would include:
- Assist with producing monthly profit, balance sheet and VNB results
- Maintain, develop and improve DCS and Prophet models
- Monthly Financial Soundness Valuation, IFRS 17 and other statutory reporting requirements for a variety of products
- Policyholder and shareholder asset positions for financial reporting
- Produce half-yearly risk capital and Embedded value results
- Ensure model governance for valuation, IFRS and EV reporting purposes
- Assist with preparing forecasts, annual budgets and other management reporting requirements as required
- Involvement and opportunities in pricing, reinsurance, asset management and other actuarial functions
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).