Senior Actuarial Specialist (Reserving) – SA1040
Our client is searching for a senior actuarial student to form part of the reserving team and to assist in calculating the technical provisions for its Short-Term Insurance licences.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Calculation and reporting of technical provisions, both for IFRS and SAM
- Calculating premiums provisions, Claims provisions (OCR and IBNER) and Cashbacks
- Providing specialist reserving knowledge and ensuring appropriate guidance notes are adhered to
- Regular reporting of results to business and finance.
- Assist in completing sections of the returns submitted to the Prudential Authority, FSCA, ASISA, NCR and other regulatory and industry bodies
- Review, and assist where necessary, the data team in data quality reporting and adhoc data problem solving
- Contributing to the underwriting projections during the budgeting process
- Assist with adhoc projects where required
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Ensure that all actuarial processes are performed as efficiently as possible and are compliant with the current risk control environment and actuarial governance procedures
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961)