Senior Actuarial Specialist – SA1065
Our client has an exciting new Senior Actuarial Specialist opportunity available in their Personal Lines Pricing team. The role encompasses the following: Supporting the Head of Pricing within a dynamic and fun team in servicing the various portfolios through pricing, product development, portfolio management and analytical assistance on their personal line’s products. This is the ideal opportunity to widen your horizons, since it also offers exposure to commercial and specialist/niche products.
Candidates should have at least 4 years of short-term insurance pricing and product development experience and be confident using statistical software such as Emblem & SAS. Technical pricing experience in Linear Models would be an advantage.
Responsibilities include to:
- Assist the Head of Pricing with the implementation of their pricing strategy
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and delivery of work within the pricing team
- Support the Head of Pricing with managing team members on specific projects
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships between the team and related internal and external stakeholders, particularly the Distribution, Underwriting, IT, Product development and Data teams
- Pricing & Portfolio Monitoring
- Assist with the design and pricing of new and existing products. This includes modelling, implementing, testing and monitoring of rates
- Design and implement the renewal pricing philosophy
- Monitor the experience of existing portfolios
- Conduct impact analysis of new rates to support stakeholders with change management
- Test and specify the system setup for products
- Monitor and report on products
- Supply management information by analyzing trends and insights to inform business decisions
- Perform modelling as needed to support business decisions
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).