Senior Data Analyst – SA1084
Our client is looking for a Senior Actuarial Student to assist with the transformation of their business to an insights-driven channel led organisation, by automating standard reporting, enabling self-service insights and by the use of advanced analytics/data science that leverages data to enhance growth, profitability and to improve operational efficiency. Candidates should be experienced in applying analytical methods to solving business problems, specifically within a Short Term Insurance environment. Candidates should be confident working with statistical software (SAS, SPSS or R/Python) and data query languages (SAS, SQL or VBA).
This role’s core responsibilities will include:
Develop information driven insights to identify trends and opportunities and provide solutions based on these insights.
- Manage data analysis and interpretation including modelling and simulation.
- Devise and promote creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence.
- Forecast the performance of data relative to business needs.
- Develop recommendations based on data interpretation and analysis to transform behaviors.
- Develop automated tools and dashboards with IT team to provide real-time insights to business data.
- Design data integration from multiple systems into manageable data warehouses and analytic data models.
- Drive change methodology and ensure implementation across all projects
- Work with business to develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize user adoption and proficiency and minimize resistance by increasing benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of business results and outcomes.
Continuous improvement to ensure effective service.
- Ensure statutory and legislative knowledge is always current in order to resolve customer complaints, to advise the business on corrective solutions to mitigate risks and to improve the customer experience whilst complying with governance requirements.
- Ensure adherence to organisational policies, practices and procedures.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
Service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain service, quality and desired outputs across the business process by ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
- Establish productive operational relationships with key stakeholders in the various channels and administrative teams.
- Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of service delivery goals.
- Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
Ensure cost efficiency through financial and corporate governance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of fit for purpose budgets.
- Manage supplier relationships, and budgets associated with projects.
Manage quality people practices.
- Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with the HR and IT teams to deliver required service levels.
- Actively share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).