Senior Financial Risk Specialist – SA1217
Our client is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers. As a member of a small team of actuaries and quantitative analysts in their Group Risk function (a 2nd line role), you will be required to provide deep expertise and knowledge in the oversight of financial risk exposures that could affect the solvency, headline earnings or liquidity positions of the company. The role offers a challenging blend of strategic input and governance, technical comprehension and relationship building, leading with influence and conscientious execution, in close interaction with senior management.
Candidates who are interested should be a Qualified actuary with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an insurance group and should have good knowledge of both the insurance and banking industries. Experience in financial risk management would be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating in the development of the Group Risk Strategy, challenging the alignment of the business level strategy and plan to the company’s strategy and agreed risk strategy and appetite limits for financial risk.
- Providing insights to Line 1 with setting KRI limits and thresholds and ensuring that any breach of risk limits is timely identified and escalated.
- Taking a proactive, forward-looking approach to providing risk oversight, taking into account the full profile of the business, emerging risks, investment decisions and using independent research.
- Developing robust stress and scenario testing and facilitating these into the business.
- Ensuring a deep understanding of business by building and maintaining close business relationships, drawing on expertise from other areas as required.
- Promoting clear and concise reporting relevant to the boards and management committees.
- Supporting and/or participating in the execution of business change programmes, continuous improvement initiatives, regulatory change programmes and compliance initiatives.
- Providing support, guidance and training to assist in embedding the risk frameworks, methodologies and policies in the business.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).