Short Term Reinsurance Specialist – SA1058
Our client is searching for a junior actuarial student with 2 years of relevant experience to support the Short-Term Reinsurance Specialist function. Proficiency in SQL and/or R is an advantage.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Managing the annual renewal of the company’s annual reinsurance treaties including oversight of the preparation of data packs to be sent to markets, treaty wording reviews and calculation of projections.
- Managing reinsurance broker tender processes.
- Oversight of catastrophe and large loss modelling including treaty purchase optimization.
- Managing monthly/annual financial reporting including calculation of reinsurance recoveries for IFRS/SAM, preparation of bordereaux for reinsurance markets, preparing reconciliations, calculation of KRIs and communicating with internal and external auditors.
- Adapting and maintaining the existing reinsurance SQL processes.
- Managing relationships with reinsurance markets.
- Sourcing and negotiating ad-hoc facultative reinsurance contracts.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961)