Systems Development Actuarial Analyst – SA1079
Our client is looking for a Systems Development Actuarial Analyst within their actuarial valuations team that focuses on life products. This role will form part of a small team of actuarial analysts/specialists tasked with developing and improving processes for IFRS, Embedded Value and Capital reporting. This exciting role has a key focus on developing new systems and functionalities for actuarial reporting, while giving exposure to actuarial thinking.
There is scope in this role to flex the responsibilities to fit a suitable candidate with the required skills. Candidates interested in this role should have advanced skills in SQL Server development as well as experience with dynamic SQL and its uses relating to MS Excel and Server analysis.
Responsibilities and work outputs:
- Develop, maintain and improve systems and processes required to do financial reporting
- Utilize Business Intelligence technology (e.g. cubes) to convert the team’s output into a more useful and accessible format
- Assist with the implementation of IFRS17 on reporting systems and processes, e.g., CSM calculation tool, granular consolidation of results for management and statutory reporting
- Engage with other teams across the business to understand their requirements and to develop or improve their systems to best meet those requirements
- Provide critical ideas regarding the structuring of financial models and processes for an optimal outcome
- Research new systems and tools that can provide advantages in processing time and controls
- Assist with financial reporting, including liability, embedded value and capital calculations
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298).