Technical Reserving and Capital Team Lead – SA1116
Our client is looking for a Qualified Actuary to head up their Short Term Insurance Technical Reserving and Capital Team, to ensure appropriate reserving for their Short Term Insurance book of business which covers multiple lines through a range of reinsurance structures ranging from Natural Catastrophe excess of loss cover to capital efficiency structures to Quota Shares to multiyear facultative engineering risks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Team leader of actuarial and technical experts
- Perform and review reserving for their Short Term Insurance book of business
- Presenting and discussing results and insights with various stakeholders
- Lead/participate in the IFRS 17 implementation project
- Perform and review capital calculations on a regulatory and economic basis for underwriting, market and operational risk.
- Oversee and assist in the capital calculations and scenario design for the annual and any adhoc ORSA reports
- Lead/participate in the various projects undertaken by the corporate actuarial team as they arise e.g. large deal assistance, Group projects
- Overseeing retrocession modelling based on the economic capital model
- Interaction with various stakeholders including clients, underwriting, Group functions and projects, finance department and auditors
- Mentoring and career development of actuarial analysts
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).