Territorial Head: Reinsurance – SA1044
Our client is looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuary to manage a small team, tasked with developing, managing and maintaining one of their reinsurance treaty books. Knowledge of reinsurance markets and experience leading a team will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing, and maintaining a reinsurance treaty book in the chosen territory.
- Building and maintaining reinsurance broker and client relationships for both existing business and potential business.
- Pricing and underwriting the reinsurance treaties using a range of actuarial and softer methods as well as checking and writing reinsurance contracts.
- Driving profitability and growth in the chosen territory according to annual premium volume, profitability and volatility benchmarks.
- Analysing contract wordings.
- Checking and monitoring accounts, payments, and profitability of the book.
For more information, please contact Jurie ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 474 1298)