Actuarial Consultant: Health – SA1428
Our client is a South African Healthcare Consulting firm that has consistently delivered innovative medical aid administration and health risk management solutions for over four decades. They are looking for an Actuarial Consultant to join their health-specialised actuarial team. The successful candidate will be responsible for addressing actuarial consulting needs as well as managing the risks of a number of large medical schemes.
Candidates who are interested should be a Nearly or Newly Qualified Actuary. You should have consulting and SAS experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building a strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders, as consultant and advisor.
- Providing advice in respect of strategy and the impact of regulations.
- Monitoring and understanding medical risk.
- Leading all relevant stakeholders in the product benefit design processes.
- Pricing of medical scheme options and costing of benefit changes;
- Conducting market research.
- Understanding and working in the South African and international markets.
- Presenting and communicating results.
- Occasional interactions with employer groups/brokers.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).