Actuarial Manager: Life Valuations – SA1432
Our client is a financial services group that offers practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. They are looking for an Actuarial Manager to lead one of their Corporate Actuarial teams. The role is responsible for leading a team that is liable for all aspects of actuarial and financial reporting relating to the Group Risk Product Range.
Candidates who are interested should be a Qualified Actuary with at least least 3 years management and 5 years’ valuations experience. A good understanding of Group Risk products as well as Embedded value, SAM and IFRS17 experience will be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monthly profit reporting and quarterly valuations in respect of Group Risk Products that include Group Life, Funeral, Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) and Lump-sum Disability.
- Detailed analysis of the profits to assist management in managing the book of business pro-actively.
- Communicating the results to various stakeholders, including the various product owners as well as the Head of the Actuarial Function.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and implementing the necessary changes after collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Expanding the responsibilities of the team to include the Embedded Value and Value of New Business calculations relating to the Group Risk Product range, including the regular production of the results as well as setting the assumptions.
- Implementing the IFRS17 requirements in the Group Risk reporting process.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).