Actuary / Data Scientist – SA1427
Our client is a South African Healthcare Consulting firm that has consistently delivered innovative medical aid administration and health risk management solutions for over four decades. They are looking for an Actuary / Data Scientist to join their health-specialised actuarial team. The successful candidate will be required to perform detailed analyses, build analytical models and provide strategic support to the business in their area of health risk responsibility
Candidates who are interested should be a Nearly or Newly Qualified actuary with at least 5 years’ experience in an actuarial science or data science role, as well as SAS and/or SQL experience. You should also have a thorough practical knowledge of data manipulation and management in the medical scheme industry. You should have the ability to manage complex deliverables, be detail-oriented and analytically minded and communicate well with both technical and non-technical teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing healthcare data and interpreting results.
- Advising internal clients and co-developing risk management products.
- Developing and maintaining analytical models.
- Implementing flexible data handling and reporting solutions.
- Managing and developing a team of analysts.
- Providing general analytic support.
- Keeping abreast of global health risk management approaches.
For more information, please contact Henda ([email protected] or +27 (0)83 603 2961).