Head of Actuarial – SA1416
Our client is a leading global insurance organisation that provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. They are looking for a Head of Actuarial to be responsible for managing their Actuarial function in South Africa. This role is responsible for supporting the business in respect of the assessment of premiums, rate change, reserve adequacy and support the management of all insurance-related risks especially Catastrophic Events and the optimisation of the Reinsurance structure.
Candidates who are interested should have at least 5 years’ short-term insurance experience and experience as a Fellow Actuary. You should have a strong analytical ability, good communication skills in English, both written and spoken, and a strong responsibility for the task in hand. You should be deadline driven with attention to detail, have an organisational ability and be proactive.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Technical Provision process including calculation, documentation, validation, communication and future development.
- Managing processes, procedures and metrics to enable the business to monitor, assess and control the requirements of the SAM Framework with respect to underwriting policy, pricing and product development.
- Supporting the profit study process, derivation and validation of budget assumptions, ensuring that the budgeting process is in line with the risk appetite and strategy.
- Assisting in model validation of the Standard Model for SCR and MCR calculations.
- Managing, producing, documenting and reporting opinions on the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements and aligning/implementing a reinsurance strategy in line with Solvency requirements.
- Mentoring and guiding junior actuarial staff members.
For more information, please contact Wilhelm ([email protected] or +27 (0)82 823 9978).